Monday, February 21, 2011

Training - Sort of - for a Hike - Jan 2011

I started walking more in December 2010 to break-in my new prescription orthotices. I have a 2 mile route around my neighborhood streets that goes up and down a couple of moderate hills.


During January 2011, I walked 4 miles each day or a total of 124 miles. I started out in February with 5 days of 4 miles each and then went to 6 miles a day. I did 6 miles a day for the next 5 days. I was feeling good so went to 8 miles for the next 2 days. I have gotten where I want to walk 8 miles one day and 10 miles the next day.


I am walking 2 miles in 40 to 45 minutes. I walk every day no matter what the weather happens to be like. I will update my mileage every day or so.


January - 2011 - Mileage Total - 124 miles



2 Comments:

Blogger Heberfarnsworth said...

Glad to hear you're getting back in shape for hiking! I'm looking forward to hearing about it. Good luck with the training.

Monday, February 21, 2011 3:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to see you're back in training.

you might like this free (nerdy) tool for tracking progress:http://daytum.com/

an example looks like this:
http://daytum.com/nasmo

you can even embed the code to your blog

keep walking!

Monday, February 21, 2011 7:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home