Sunday, April 01, 2007

Polarguard Delta and Silk Sleeping Bag

Polarguard Delta and Silk Sleeping Bag - 8.76 ounces

31 march 2007

I have been thinking about making an all Silk Sleeping Bag for some time. I have been cleaning up my work space and finished Friday so I decided to work on it today and it went fast.

I am using the same pattern as I used on the all Cuben / Primaloft One sleeping and the Two layer Climashield Combat and Pertex Quantum Sleeping Bag.



I started working after lunch this afternoon and finished about 11:00 pm this evening. I stopped a few times to eat and do a few other things but the bag went together without a ripped stitch.

I am using one layer of Polarguard Delta as the insulation. The Basis Weight of the PG-D was 2.16 oz per square yard. This give me a clo of 1.47. The total weight of the insulation is 5.15 ounces.





I used 4.5 mm silk for all the material in this Sleeping Bag. The total weight of the Silk is 3.65 ounces.








This is the non-insulated insert for the bottom part.


This is a full size sleeping bag and is 72" long and has a circumference at the opening of 71". I use an elastic draw cord to close the opening.


This shows the non-insulated insert for the bottom.


After a bit of trimming the total weight of the new Polarguard Delta / Silk Sleeping Bag is 8.76 ounces.

4 Comments:

Blogger johnkdean said...

I like, I like your material. I have done a little of the same (rain pants that worked for two Oregon ski seasons) Could you send me a vendor list of the materials you have used in your projects. My e-mail is johnkdean@gmail.com

Thanks, John

Thursday, January 03, 2008 11:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did you find polarguard delta?

do tell bestbuybooksca@gmail.com

Saturday, December 20, 2008 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger gardenville said...

Hi Zed,
Several years ago I was able to buy some Polarguard Delta from two places. I got 10 yards of the 2 ounce per square yard insulation that was left over from someone that was making garments out of it. Then later I was able to buy a 60 yard roll but had to take the 2.6 ounce per square yard insulation. I bought the 60 yard roll from the company that makes it. When the company sold it to me it was with the understanding that I would not retail it.

Polarguard Delta is no longer made.

Saturday, December 20, 2008 11:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.rockywoods.com might have some insulation materials. They also sell cuben fabric.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 4:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home