Thursday, September 04, 2008

1.5 ounces Briefs

MYOG - Briefs

I just finished making my first pair of Boxer/Briefs. I call them that since the legs are longer than on my true briefs. They look a little like a bathing suit. Enough like a bathing suit that I might take a picture of them on and post it.



I made this pair to check my pattern to see how they fit. They are 8" long on the outside of the legs. No fly and cord elastic in the waist band. The sewing part was easy. For this pair I used some Patagonia Silk Weight yardage that I bought from Outdoor Wilderness Fabric.

They call it "Wickway Pique" (Name Brand - ask). It is $5.25 a running yard and comes in a lot of different colors.


Link to catalog page

I am a size medium and the Briefs weigh 1.5 ounces. The size "M" took 0.43 sq yards of material. They fit nice and if you wanted something cheap but Silk Weight Capilene you could go for a pair of these.

The weight for a pair of the briefs using this pattern and my scrap #2 wool would come to about 4 ounces.

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh Mitchell said...

Bill,

I'm trying to tell, the pattern you worked up, do you have the seam running just along the outside of the legs? Aka is your cut pattern somewhat hourglass shaped?

Saturday, September 06, 2008 11:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home